Back to Top
AP Stylebook news
- "Dropped Hyphens, Split Infinitives, and Other Thrilling Developments from the 2019 American Copy Editors Society Conference" New Yorker written by Mary Norris, posted on April 2, 2019
- AP Stylebook tells journalists it's OK to use the word "racist" CBS News written by Christopher Brito, posted on March 29, 2019
- "If it's racist, call it racist: Associated Press Stylebook changes guidelines for journalists" NBC News written by Erin E. Evans, posted on March 29, 2019
- "AP tackles language about race in this year’s style guide" Columbia Journalism Review written by Merrill Perlman, posted on April 1, 2019
- "AP says the percentage sign now OK when used with a numeral (that’s shift+5)" Poynter written by Kristen Hare, posted on March 29, 2019
- "Journalists Should Call Something Racist When It’s Racist, Associated Press Says" HuffPost written by Marina Fang, posted on March 29, 2019
- "Associated Press offers new guidance to media on 'racially charged' vs 'racist'" The Hill written by Avery Anapol, posted on March 29, 2019
- "AP: Call racism what it is" MPR written by Bob Collins, posted on March 31, 2019
- "It's OK to use the word 'racist' or 'racism' if it fits" Digital Journal written by Karen Graham, posted on March 31, 2019
- "Reporters Urged to Use 2 Words They Often Avoid" Newser written by Neal Colgrass, posted on March 31, 2019
- "You can now search really old AP Stylebooks and guides online" Poynter written by Kristen Hare, posted on March 28, 2019
- "The 2018 AP Stylebook with Rob Reinalda and Alysha Love" Flack Pack podcast with Rob Reinalda and Alysha Love, posted on June 4, 2018
- "‘Emoji,’ ‘turducken,’ ‘HIPAA’ and more: AP style rules to remember" Ragan's PR Daily written by Beki Winchel, posted on June 1, 2018
- "Updated AP Stylebook has new business entries" Talking Biz News written by Chris Roush, posted on May 30, 2018
- "AP Stylebook 2018 Offers New Guidance for Polls and Surveys" Andy Hollandbeck writes for Copyediting.com, posted on May 30, 2018
- "AP style change: Two objects don't have to be in motion before they collide" Poynter discusses the AP style changes announced at the 2018 ACES convention in Chicago.
- "About that Texas Poll" A podcast from FiveThirtyEight discusses polling and the AP Stylebook's new chapter "Polls and surveys." Published on April 23, 2018.
- "AP Advice: Don't Make Polls Only Subject of Campaign Stories" The New York Times publishes guidance from the AP Stylebook on how journalists should report polls. Posted on April 17, 2018.