THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
1. Use of this website is conditioned on the acceptance, without modification, of all terms and conditions of this agreement. By using this website you represent that you have read and understand the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as set forth below.
2. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS ("AP") reserves the right at its discretion to modify the terms and conditions under which this website is offered. Use of this website after the posting of any such modification constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as modified.
3. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this website and do not wish to be bound by them, please do not use this website or download any materials from this website.
4. All material ("Materials") displayed or transmitted on this site, including but not limited to text, photographs, images, illustrations, video clips, audio clips, and graphics are owned by AP or its members, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary rights, laws and treaties.
5. Except as provided in this agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, transfer, sell, rent, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, repost, perform, display, or in any way commercially exploit the Materials carried on this site, nor may you infringe upon any of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights contained in the Materials. You may not remove or alter, nor cause to be removed or altered, any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices or visual marks and logos from the Materials.
6. You may make a single print copy of any of the Materials carried by AP on this website for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not remove nor cause to be removed any copyright, trademarks, or other proprietary notices or visual marks or logos from the Material. You may not archive or retain any of the Materials accessed on this website without the express written permission of AP. All requests for archiving, republication or retention of any part of the Materials must be in writing to AP clearly stating the purpose and manner in which the Material will be used. Requests for permission to archive, retain, or republish any part of the Materials may be submitted to Copyright, The Associated Press, 200 Liberty Street, New York, New York 10281 or by fax to 212-621-1567.
7. You acquire no rights or license whatsoever in the Materials other than the limited rights to use the site in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any of the Materials accessed or downloaded from this site must be accessed or downloaded in accordance with the terms and conditions of use specified in this agreement. AP reserves any rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions of use.
8. AP reserves the right to modify, update, suspend, discontinue, or restrict the use of or access to this website or any portion of this website, at any time and without notice or liability.
9. ALTHOUGH ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE IS BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE, AP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, NEITHER EXPRESSLY NOR IMPLIEDLY, AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE MATERIALS OR ANY INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE. BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR BY RELYING ON ANY OF THE MATERIALS OR INFORMATION CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE YOU ASSUME ALL THE RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY ARISING OUT OF USE OR RELIANCE ON THIS WEBSITE. AP EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. AP SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY MATERIALS CARRIED ON THIS WEBSITE.
AP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND AP ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR ACCESS, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS THIS SITE. AP DOES NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE IS FREE OF DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS. AP IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS CREATED BY SUBSCRIBERS TO THE WEBSITE.
10. This website may from time to time contain links or pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. AP does not operate or control in any way any information, products or services on these third-party sites and AP expressly disclaims any responsibility for such third-party sites, which are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
11. This agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in New York County in the State of New York, and any cause of action which arise from use of this website or from interpretation of these terms and conditions must be filed in the state and federal courts located in New York County, State of New York. If you are an educational institution that is wholly owned by a state, or a state government institution, then this agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of that state, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any remaining provisions shall be given effect to the fullest extent possible.
12. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the terms and conditions of use of this website.
13. You will select a username and password to access your account to verify identity and modify your account information. You must be logged into the website, using your username and password, to access your account. AP is entitled to act on instructions received under your password. You are responsible for keeping your username, password, and other account information confidential. AP is not responsible for any changes to your account by someone else who uses your password.
14. Any failure to comply with this agreement, any fraud or abuse, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to AP by you, or anyone acting on your behalf, may result in termination of your subscription to the website.
15. Third Party Information
The terms and conditions governing Third Party Products or the use of any Third Party Products may be different from those applicable to your use of the Materials. By accepting the terms and conditions of any Third Party EULA you are indicating that you have read, acknowledged and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of use of such Third Party Products. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions governing such Third Party Products or such Third Party websites, the terms of the agreement that is most restrictive upon you and your actions and conduct shall apply to any use of any license for Materials containing Third Party Products.
By relying on and using Third Party Products or linking to any Third Party websites, you do so at your own risk. In no event shall AP be responsible for your use of or inability to use Third Party Content or Third Party websites.
NEITHER AP NOR THE THIRD PARTY MAKE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT THE MATERIALS CONTAINING THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINING THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS PROVIDED IN THE MATERIALS CONTAINING THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ALL MATERIALS CONTAINING THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AP AND THIRD PARTY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT. USE OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINING THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.